English, Mathematics, three separate Sciences, a Modern Language and PE and Games continue to be compulsory for all boys into Key Stage 4. A wide range of subject options enables new subjects to be studied in Years 10 and 11 for GCSE examinations; these include Business Studies, Physical Education, Computing and Drama.
“Highly knowledgeable and enthusiastic teachers are successful in creating a classroom environment where students enjoy learning and are eager to achieve”. Ofsted.
GCSE RESULTS 2018
- 100% of students achieved 5 or more GCSEs at grades 9 – 4 (A* – C)
- 75% of students achieved 5 or more GCSEs at grades 9 – 7 (A*/A)
- Nearly 1 in 6 students gained 9 – 7 (A*/ A) grades in all of their 10, 11 or 12 subjects
- AGS students were about 6 times more likely to achieve the new 9 grade than students nationally
- Average points per GCSE entry was 7.1 (where 9 = 9, 8 = 8 etc & A*=8.5, A=7, B=5.5)