English, Mathematics, three separate Sciences, a Modern Language and PE and Games continue to be compulsory for all boys into Key Stage 4. A wide range of subject options enables new subjects to be studied in Years 10 and 11 for GCSE examinations; these include Business, Physical Education, Computing and Drama.
“Highly knowledgeable and enthusiastic teachers are successful in creating a classroom environment where students enjoy learning and are eager to achieve”. Ofsted.
GCSE RESULTS 2019
- 100% of students achieved 5 or more GCSEs at grades 9 – 4 (A* – C)
- 78% of students achieved 5 or more GCSEs at grades 9 – 7 (A*/A)
- 41% of all entries were graded 9-8 (the National average was 11.2%)
- AGS students were about 4 times more likely to achieve a grade 9 than students nationally
- Average points per GCSE entry was 7.0 (where 9 = 9, 8 = 8 etc & A*=8.5, A=7, B=5.5)