English, Mathematics, three separate Sciences, a Modern Language and PE and Games continue to be compulsory for all boys into Key Stage 4. A wide range of subject options enables new subjects to be studied in Years 10 and 11 for GCSE examinations; these include Business Studies, Physical Education, Computing and Drama.
“Highly knowledgeable and enthusiastic teachers are successful in creating a classroom environment where students enjoy learning and are eager to achieve”. Ofsted.
GCSE RESULTS 2016
- 98.9% of students achieved 5 or more GCSEs at grades A*-C
- 71% of students achieved 5 or more GCSEs at grades A*-A
- More than 1 in 5 students gained A* or A grades in all of their 10, 11 or 12 subjects
- Nearly 1 in 2 of entries were awarded A* grades for Science iGCSEs
- Average points per GCSE entry was 50.5 (where A*=58, A=52, B=46)