Houses

Phillips

BRODIE: 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 

WATSON: 2000, 2002, 2006 

Head of House: Mr Goodchild

Henry Phillips, gentleman of London, ‘enlarged and more amply provided’ for the school with a bequest of £5,000 in 1714, the equivalent to well over £1,000,000 in today’s money. Sir Henry Phillips was the son of the High Sherriff for Buckinghamshire in 1716. Curiously little is known of Phillips, barring the above and that he was born in Aylesbury. Certainly without the endowment and bequest of Lee and Phillips, AGS would not exist today.