The House system is deeply embedded in the pastoral system of Aylesbury Grammar School, as well as providing a means for many students to participate in competitions and extra-curricular activities.
The system was established relatively late in the school’s history in 1920, with 4 Houses: Denson, Hampden, Phillips and Ridley. The intention was to introduce a ‘spirit of unity’ amongst the students. As the school grew it was necessary to add Lee House in 1975 and then to establish Paterson House in the 1980s. The six Houses now compete for two trophies. The Brodie trophy is awarded for Sporting endeavours and the Watson trophy for Artistic pursuits. The origins of each House alongside their Trophy successes since 2000 can be found in their relevant sections.